Green Tea Matcha Health Benefits
Regular green tea is known to provide amazing health benefits to our body. But there is another type of green tea that is even more potent. It is so potent because it has 10 to 15 times more nutrients than regular green tea. It even has more antioxidants than blueberries and pomegranates. It is called organic green tea Matcha or Matcha green tea.
Matcha, word for word, means powder and definitely translates into green tea powder. It is made from only the top 2 to 3 leaves of the plant and uses the entire leaves. These leaves are carefully processed into a very fine powder that can be easily absorbed into the bloodstream.
Check Out Some Of The Organic Green Tea Matcha Nutrients and Health Benefits
* Organic green tea Matcha contains trace amounts of the minerals such as phosphorus, zinc, calcium, iron. magnesium, sodium, potassium, copper
* Nine times the beta carotene of spinach. and 4 times the beta-carotene of carrots
* Organic green tea Matcha is a powerful blood and body detoxifier due to its high amount of chlorophyll content.
* 70 times the antioxidants of orange juice.
* Extremely potent in polyphenols (antioxidants) and Catechins, especially EGCG, which helps fight cancer. In fact, according to a study at the University of Colorado, Matcha has 137 times more Catechins than regular tea.
* Boosts metabolic rate by 35 to 40%, thus assisting in weight loss.
* 2 cups of regular green tea has approximately twice the antioxidants of red wine, 7 times that of orange juice and 20 times that of apple juice. Matcha has approximately 10 times the polyphenols and antioxidants of regular teas.
* Adds fiber to the diet.
With the above extensive list of health benefits, there’s no surprise that Matcha is the most potent green tea in the world. It has been consumed in Japan for more than a thousand years. The Matcha, that Buddhist monks first discovered is the type that is served at Japanese tea ceremonies.
Organic green tea Matcha plants (Camellia Sinensis) have to be carefully grown and shaded. Weeks before the harvest, the plants are covered to protect them from direct sunlight. The leaves turn into a darker shade of green as a result, which in turn increases the production of amino acids. Amino acids increase the sweetness. So if you feared that it would be more bitter because it’s more potent, it’s not. In fact, organic green tea Matcha is now a common ingredient in sweets and cookies. The leaves are harvested often notably by hand and are also ground by hand with stones or by an advanced mechanized grinding system where the temperature is carefully controlled for optimum end results. Outside Japan, the organic green tea Matcha is often not ground properly. That is why it’s best to purchase your organic green tea Matcha powder from Japanese Matcha farmers.
Even though it is so potent, organic green tea Matcha only contains a small amount of caffeine (25 mg). It also contains an important concentration of L-theanine which has calming and relaxing properties. Therefore, the caffeine content of the organic green tea Matcha won’t raise your blood pressure. The L-theanine also guarantees the increase of your alertness status and your concentration levels.
If you are already a lover of green tea you might want to consider adding organic green tea Matcha to your diet. Even if you aren’t a fan of the regular brewed versions you might want to give this a try because the taste of organic green tea Matcha is pleasant and sweet. The above health benefits are already so great that everyone should at least give it a try. Organic green tea Matcha is so potent because it has 10 to 15 times more nutrients than regular green tea. It even has more antioxidants than blueberries and pomegranates. You can say organic green tea Matcha is chockfull of health benefits and you will be 100 % right.